So I recently discovered @keepin.tabz‘s lovely Bookstagram and her Do I have that book challenge/tag (original video of Tabetha doing her challenge here.)
Now, my family’s books are scattered around several rooms and two levels, so I wasn’t about to attempt to time this! But I thought it might make a good blog post. See how I did, then see how your shelves measure up!
1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
I’m only aware that I have one. It’s a book of hymns with piano music and the story behind the hymn.
2. Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?
I’m positive I have some on my Kindle, but I decided to try and limit myself to physical books for this. This one technically has more than three, some of them are just hidden behind armor. haha
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
This might be the most famous tale of King Arthur, and the basis for many later re-tellings, but it hardly started the legend of Arthur.
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
I had a moment of oh no, this could take forever! And then I found this. Sweet!
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
Another one I thought might be a challenge, but ended up being pretty easy.
6. Do you have a Mass Market Paperback book?
Clearly, I have several, haha. They’re hardly my favorite format, but they’re so affordable!
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
I don’t know…? Seems like a possibility, but I don’t know of any off the top of my head.
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
I’m pretty sure I have a few, but this one was the easiest to find.
9. Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
Oooh, I have several! But I picked this one, but I’m so obsessed with this series.
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
So I literally just discovered (thanks, Google) that PBS made a Little Women mini series this year. Has anyone seen it?
11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (celebrity/athlete/politician/tv personality…)
I kind of think this book is part of why he’s famous, but he was a renowned neural surgeon first and that’s the reason he wrote (well…it was ghost written, but still) this book. Which is excellent, btw, even if I felt a little squeamish a couple times.
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
Apparently, I do not. I find this somewhat surprising. At least, not that I’ve found. We have so many books, I could have missed one, haha.
13. Do you have a poetry book?
Gross. No. I once took a poetry class because I had to take an English elective, and it worked with my schedule. I hated it. With a passion. No offense to those who like or write poetry, but to each their own. I can count the poems I like on one hand. (Okay, maaaaaaaybe two.)
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
Pretty sure my family owns a few, but we have this one at least.
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
Sadly, it does not appear so.
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
I used to have a collection of sci-fi short stories, but I hadn’t read it in years, so I got rid of it. Sigh.
17. Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long?
I have plenty over that, but can’t find one in that exact range.
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
I have so many! So how about one that for some inexplicable reason was made into three?
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
Not exactly, but I have several comics.
20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
Novels? No. I do have a novella collection. And plenty of non-fiction with multiple authors.
So, do I have that book? Well, I got 14/20. How did you do? If you take the challenge, be sure to let me know so I can see your books!
Until next time!